http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Update Wednesday

Hey everyone its update wednesday! Well big news today, we had a giant tremor this morning around 7:32 A.M. and my God was it rough! My guess it was around 6.3 - 6.4 and it lasted nearly a minute, or it just seemed that long.

I sent an sms about it a few minutes after the occurance but it doesn't seem to be posted so I dont think it made it over the border. Angelo / Peter, kindly look into that.

Anyway, Evacuee Trust Complex rattled so work was cancelled. Schools have been cancelled since last week until th 24th, but I believe that will be pushed forward again too. This is becoming a real nuisance and unfortunately we are not becoming numb to the tremors.

Just when they started becoming small and insignificant, we had to get our knickers in a twist!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said :

Thanks for the up to date info. How much aid is getting to you from overseas now?

October 19, 2005 4:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said :

so far I personally have not received any aid from abroad, but I believe it is coming in large amounts, not sure where and through who since I am working with some very involved ngo's locally in affected areas.

October 19, 2005 4:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said :

this morning two earthquakes were recorded:

- at 8:16 am PST, magnitude: 5.4 on richter scale

- at 7.33 am PST, magnitude: 5.8 on richter scale

source: http://tsunami.geo.ed.ac.uk/local-bin/quakes/mapscript/demo_run.pl

i.

October 19, 2005 8:39 am